Friday, January 7, 2011

Get Well Soon

I have a dear friend who is recovering from surgery so I wanted to get a "Get Well Card" out to her.

I cut a white cardstock base (11 x 5 1/2) and folded in half, cut a color layer (5 1/4 x 5 1/4) and the white color layer (4 3/4 x 4 3/4)

I stamped and embossed the white card layer and inside the card.


It's a little hard to see in the picture, but the embossing shows a slight 'rainbow' effect.




Because I'm new at embossing, I chose to emboss on two seperate pieces (the front and inside) incase there were problems! :)

I cut the tag out of the color cardstock from the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge (size 2 3/4).  I then stamped and embossed the sentiment in white.  I took my gel pen and 'stiched' around the tag.


I attached the tag with a coordinating ribbon.  Here's the inside of the card.

I made four of these, each one just a little different from the other.  On this card, notice the outside ribbon (end tucked under the top white layer), and the ribbon that goes around the card to the inside.  This is where the tag is attached.


With this card, I centered the butterfly on the front and only utilized one ribbon, still tucking the end under the white top layer, but wrapping the ribbon around to the inside.



On this card, I decided to try to attach the tag to the outside (this was my original design).  I ultimately decided that this was 'too busy' and attached the tag on the inside of the rest of the cards.


For the final touch, I stamped on the back of the card. :)












I enjoyed putting these cards together.  I sure hope Angi feels better soon and this little card brings a smile!

Happy Creating!
Stephanie
1/7/11












Supplies:
Cardstock - color of your choice
Cardstock - white
Stamps - I chose butterflies
Embossing stamp and powder
Ribbon - matching or coordinating to color used
White gel pen

5 comments:

  1. Wow, very elegant and a lovely get well card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...... I am sure your friend loved it!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your butterflies, great card! TFS :)

    http://www.dilsaverdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and delicate card. I would love to get a card like this from a friend.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! very elegant looking.
    Minta

    Just became your newest follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete